Monday, March 28, 2005
  What do you do when much to your surprise you receive an invition to a baby shower on Monday and the shower is on Friday? I suppose if you are Wendy or the Harlot you whip out something absolutely fabulous overnight without breaking a sweat. Let me just mention that this shower is for the bosses secretary and it is being thrown by the event planner in our marketing department. Um, yeah, I work for an academic institution and we have a marketing department and they are planning this shower...


So, do I stress about it and try to make the 5 hour baby sweater or something. Of course, in about a week it will be like a hundred degrees in AZ. Look to Last Minute Gifts and hope there is something in my stash. Or, do I hike it to target and pick up a few onsesies. Damn. How much do I want to impress my coworkers?

My test knit for SWTC is gorgeous. I mean the sketch of what it should look like when finished it gorgeous. I have no idea what it will look like when I am done. It has never been knit, so I have no visual aids to guide me and we all know that I already believe my brain shuts down when reading a pattern. In any case, it is a little baby doll tank done in SWTC's soy silk Phoenix. Wonderful yarn, it knits up so nice and light and soft. I had to learn a new cast on method, the tubular cast on. Very cute and so easy...once I found instructions a normal person could understand. The cast on is for ribbed patterns, so that the edge ends up being in the rib pattern.

I think I should be allowed to take the week off to make sure I get this shower gift done. 
Comments:
Just an idea, but maybe you could do a nice baby bonnet... something like Miss Dashwood (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmissdashwood.html)... or a simple lace bonnet (http://www.3gcs.com/adcock/free%20patterns/Shell%20Lace%20Baby%20bonnets.htm).... pixie hat (http://knitting.about.com/library/weekly/aa090302.htm)... jester hat (http://knitting.about.com/library/weekly/aa120103.htm). Google is your friend, right?

I'd say if you go for the hat thing, maybe do a couple of booties in the same yarn... doesn't have to be something too complicated.

Good Luck! :)
 
I say, go buy some onesies and knit up a pair of booties. I think there were some easy ones in LMKG.
 
No matter what you decide to do, just know the little darling will likely never wear something you knit for him/her. Unless you want to knit for a 1 year old, which of course takes more time. It's just too darned hot here most of the time, and things like knitted booties are scary because the rascals lose their socks like mad.
 
Hey, there's a cute little hat in the last minute gifts, and I think some booties too. When are we going to knit and drink Jen? I am totally ready.

Michelle
 
you could have gotten in touch with a person who hand quilts baby quilts! Hope ya got something ready.
 
Good luck. Or you could make one of those toy bunny from Berroco's site!
 
commenting epileptic preferences basis stock rent verified imsglobal namephone overkill fowkes
lolikneri havaqatsu
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

take my button

Today I am

    WIP's

  • My very own Ribby Cardi!
  • booga bag
  • Chikami

Favorite places

Knit Alongs

Groups

Previous | Join | Random | Next

Virtual Knitting resources

Needles, Yarn and other stuff

SNB AZ