Monday, April 11, 2005
  Knitting....what's that? Its been so long I think I may have forgotten how! Oh, and I bought onesies and diapers, new parents can never have too much of either.My life has been consumed with preparing for my annual Model UN conference. Every year I head to San Francisco and help run a Model UN conference that has anywhere between 400 and 500 students in attendance. Prior to going, I have to read policy papers and country profiles written by said students. This year I had score roughly 300 papers, a total of about 700 pages. 300 not so great papers, and any teacher out there will tell you that when you have to grade bad papers it makes you VERY grumpy. Coupled with the fact that the topics this year are a snooze fest. Let me just say that reading 70 pages on Harbor Affluent Waste and Biodiversity Hotpsots is not the most interesting thing in the world to do. I did this in front of the TV, but I couldn't figure out how to grade them and knit. It was horrible.

So, I leave Wed. morning and return Tues. night. In that time, even though I will be in San Francisco, I will never leave the hotel--except to run into downtown Burlingame to buy copy paper.

I managed to watch Sideways and I had no idea that Merlot is an inferior grape. Of course, my favorite is a good Pinot but I am also a big fan of the Merlot. Who knew I had such poor taste in wine! I almost hate to mention it lest Brooke admonish my pallet. Hee hee! In honor of my new found knowledge, I made an excellent Coq A Vin with a good Cab on Sunday. Thanks to Tyler for the yummy recipe.

And the highlight to my weekend. Tiger finally managed to win a Major and the Masters at that AND in extra holes. Yeah! Yes, I'm a golf fan. Its weird, I know. I hate watching basketball, football, baseball, hockey or any other contact sport. But I can watch all four days of a Major and be completely enthralled. I actually covered my eyes as Tiger putted for his win. I'm a geek.

One last thing, Outfoxed, Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism, has helped to reaffirm my belief that he is the devil, Bill O'Reilly is his instrument of evil and CNN and MSNBC have become following footsoldiers. He's like Al Pacino in The Devil's Advocate. The Daily Show may be the last place to get news.....its as real as anything else and at least its funny! 
Comments:
OMG, I loffed Model UN in high school!
It kicked so much ass.

I did Security Counsel 3 years running, although I never got to be a super power. (Boo!)
Man oh man. Good memories.
 
Oh, poor little Jen drinking her Merlot. I'm sorry if I sounded snobby about it at D&D - if you want to drink Merlot I promise I will not leave. Just don't make me drink it.

And certainly don't drink it and get in a car, because it's apparently against the law to consume any amount of alcohol and operate a motor vehicle. News to me....

Have fun in Burlingame. Sorry you don't get to go to the city.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Name:
Location: Tempe, Arizona, United States

take my button

Today I am

    WIP's

  • My very own Ribby Cardi!
  • booga bag
  • Chikami

Favorite places

Knit Alongs

Groups

Previous | Join | Random | Next

Virtual Knitting resources

Needles, Yarn and other stuff

SNB AZ